Kick Me...

Can I get a, WTF?

I used to work with a woman who was always telling me that our Moon was in retrograde. Or Mars or something like that. Quite honestly I never really listened to her that much. She was a bit of a curmudgeon. I never could figure out how our moon was ALWAYS in retrograde. Although I never knew what that meant. Still don't. Nor do I care.

The point. She always said it when things were going poorly, or out of sorts. Today my Moon is definitely some place it should not be.

Despite the fact that I only slept for about 3 hours last night, I had a positive outlook on the day. That is until my day actually got going. This is where I need the WTF?

I can't see it but I know the universe has put a kick me sign on my back. And kick me it has. Repeatedly!

Ok, I give. You got me. Everyone laugh.

If I am ever given the chance at a Super Power. It's going to be Invisibility.
This is the reason people use drugs. It's days like this that the voices get really, really loud.

*****

I know, indulge me while I rant.

I have been talking with a family about a painting for the last three weeks. They all love it. It's $3500.

Instead of buying it, they spent $5000 to spend three days in Las Vegas gambling. Then told me they went to Vegas hoping they would win enough to buy the painting. And they were serious.

Did I wake up in Bizarro World today?

Lets see...

Spend $3500 on something that will appreciate over time. Something that they can enjoy for countless generations to come. Something that will give them daily pleasure.

Or...

Spend $5000 on three days in Vegas pissing away your hard earned money gambling.

I so don't understand people.

Someone...for the love of God...explain this to me...

1 comment:

southernfemme said...

my day went about as well as yours. by 11:00 I had cried all my makeup off and it went downhill from there. I don't know what was going on in the atmosphere, but it was not treating me kindly.

So, as requested...

WTF?

(did you notice that you are now linked? :) )

Life On The Line...

Chapter one I jumped into cooking on a bit of a whim. With little to no hesitation. After spending many years in the art business I was lo...