Re-Programming...

Through out my adult and professional life, I have had great success. I have also had equally great failure.

I had always thought that I was learning something about each failure. I would write about it. I would proclaim that I had learned my lessons and I would move on, only to make the same mistakes again which lead to more failure.

Each time I would blame someone else. It was never my fault. Someone else always screwed me over. It was someone else that lied, or cheated, or took advantage of my good nature.

What I have recently realized is that in all of my life. In all of my failures, there has been only one common denominator.

ME!

Looking back, it was me, each time. I made the same mistakes expecting a different outcome each time. Then when things fell apart, I would blame those around me. It wasn't my fault. I did everything right. Well, not quite everything.

I had been programmed to fail. By my parents, By my schools, By my bosses. Because they had been programmed to fail. We have all been programmed to fail in the end.

95% of Americans will never be able to retire. We spend our lives, 40, 50 years or more working our asses off, making someone else very rich. And we end up with an average of $775 a month in Social Security. Failure!

Corporate America doesn't want people that lead. They want people who will follow direction no matter what. Stay in line and hope for the best. Never questioning why.

Well, I've never been good at staying in line, or keeping my questions to myself, or following blindly to my death. From now on, I make my own rules. My success, or failure, is up to me. I decide. I am going to be one of the 5% that get to do what I want, when I want.

The re-programming has begun.

2 comments:

Squeak said...

You should read "Personal Accountability" It was co-written by my brother. David Levin. He also has a few books he wrote himself. Look him up on Amazon. He does seminars for big corporations on ways to improve communication with everyone to help you in business. Great reads. (and not just because he is my big brother :)

Unknown said...

Great to see your blog. I came from Pumpkin's site to visit you. I cannot agree more with you on this subject. I guess that's why I left via Switzerland 2002 and haven't been back since. I'm hoping life in Canada is a bit better in the states for me in the end.. And I guess that's one reason why I left, I didn't agree and I didn't want to follow like everyone does in the states...

Hope your re-programming works!

Life On The Line...

Chapter one I jumped into cooking on a bit of a whim. With little to no hesitation. After spending many years in the art business I was lo...