Feeling Foolish...

"Haystack Rock at sunset"

*****
Over the last few days I have written and deleted six different posts. All of them about the things I am without or missing. Most likely due to the fact that we have decided to stay in the northwest. The grass is always greener...

I was playing pirates with Mr. Man when it dawned on me that, it's not about me. The big reason we wanted to stay is to make something better than what we had. This time it's ours. We're not slaving away for someone else's benefit.

When it comes right down to it, the things I think I'm missing are not whats important. Luxuries I had become accustom to but can live without quite easily.

It always humbles me when a three year old can point out the important things in life and not even know it. How selfish we become. It makes me feel very foolish.

*****

"Sailors Delight" 20 x 24 inch oil on canvas


"Lone Dory" 24 x 30 inch oil on canvas


"Electric Blue" 10 x 30 inch oil on canvas

1 comment:

eclectic said...

OH! The photo, the paintings... stunning! And the sentiment's not bad, either. Glad perspective is soothing the savage beast. It often does, thankfully.

Life On The Line...

Chapter one I jumped into cooking on a bit of a whim. With little to no hesitation. After spending many years in the art business I was lo...