Home...

OMG!
It was an amazing trip. Jamaica is a beautiful, friendly place that we must return to soon.
I have no doubt that we have added five years or more to our lives. It has been some time since I have been at total peace with the world. For ten days, no phone, no internet, no T.V., no stress, no worries...we came home tanned and relaxed.

I can't begin to tell you how much we enjoyed it. For the first time traveling I didn't get crazy taking photos. Under 300 this time. For me that is incredibly few.

Our days were spent soaking in the sun, floating in crystal clear warm water, eating seafood that had been swimming the same day it was caught and cooked. The food was fantastic!

Here a few photos. Most of them that I took were of us. We didn't wear much while there, so I am not going to share those.

This is where we stayed. Idle Awhile, In Negril. It is on the western tip of the island.

This is the restaurant at our place. Only 13 rooms, all wonderful. I strongly recommend them if you ever go to Negril.

I don't know who this girl was, but she said I could take her picture.

The cliffs at Rick's Cafe. Around the corner is a place to jump. We did. It's a long way down.


The view down the beach. This was the high season too. There is no one around. Heavenly.


I never want trips to end. Someday I will figure out how to travel for a living. I want Rick Steves' job. I am pretty sure that Precious and I could do it. Maybe we should start our own show. "The World With Kids" a family show on the road. I like it.

1 comment:

Heather Anne Hogan said...

Welcome home, good sir! I love Jamaica, too. I spent 3 months there a few summers ago. The people are amazing. Good to see you. :)

Life On The Line...

Chapter one I jumped into cooking on a bit of a whim. With little to no hesitation. After spending many years in the art business I was lo...