Inventory...

A New Year means it is time to reflect. Look back at what happened. What you did that's worth doing again. Things you never need to do again.

It is a time to organize. Much like the famed "Spring Cleaning". Which I happen to prefer because of the seasonal thing. This time it's more for the IRS which is a huge pain in the back side among other places.

Inventory in the gallery has to be done. Make sure we have everything we should. Figure out what we need and what we don't. Inventory has to be done in the studio as well. Time to figure out what was there at the beginning of last year. What was created last year. The studio doesn't really need to have this done. I'm a neat freak. It's for me.

I'm not sure how it happened, but I seem to get more chaotic every year. Some where along I lost control. In addition to being a neat freak, I am also a bit of a pack rat. Not a good combo.

This year I am going to make a huge effort to rid my life of things I no longer need or remember. Art included. I will be giving away a large group of works that were not right for the gallery. I will post them here. If you want them, it's first email, first choice.(wait for the photos to post first)

More time will be spent on the family and our lives. I have little need for popular culture and things that go with it. To start things off right we will be going to Jamaica the last two weeks of January. I need to work on my tan. It is important for us to travel. Learn new things. Meet new people. Take more photos.

2006 was filled with change. Most of it was very good to us. We've been blessed. Now we are looking forward to more adventures. There is still an endless amount of things to see and do. E-Ticket baby!

Good luck to all of you this coming year. May you get everything that you deserve.

1 comment:

southernfemme said...

Hi, MW! I just back from a cruise to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. It was FABULOUS! In Jamaica we went on a bamboo raft ride down a river to a banana plantation. Loads of fun.

Hope your trip is wonderful too!

Life On The Line...

Chapter one I jumped into cooking on a bit of a whim. With little to no hesitation. After spending many years in the art business I was lo...