Easel Update...And More

I have so much to say and so little time. Oh wait, I have plenty of time.

First.
Here is the second session with my recent portrait. There was a problem with her left eye. There still is. I am pretty sure I can still fix her. I like this painting so far so I will continue.

I haven't tried looking at her in a mirror yet but I will as soon as I get home.


Second.
Speaking of not being home, we are currently in Portland. Let me fill you in.

On Sunday Afternoon, Dec 2nd the coast of Oregon was hit with a massive wind and rain storm. Almost thirty hours of wind of 40 to over 100 mph. We lost electricity, land line phones and cell phones. The city we live in has only three roads out. All three of them were impassable until this morning. Now only one is open. Barely.

The damage was amazing. Hundreds of trees down. Some were more than a hundred years old. Massive in size. Uprooted or broken off like they were twigs. Flooding was wide spread. Some areas had up to five feet of water. Land slides, sink holes and downed power lines were and are every where.

For almost three full days we have been trapped on the coast of Oregon with no way to get out. No way to call the outside world.

Fortunately we had a supply of non perishable food, water, propane, fire wood and other necessities to survive.

The status report is that our area may still be without power for 2 to 5 more days.

As soon as we heard that a road was open we packed a few things, the kid, the dog and left for civilization.

I once again have contact with the outside world. We may be in Portland for a day or three.

Here are a few photos. I'm sorry for the poor quality but this was my first natural disaster.

This house is just down the road from our house. These trees are, were, huge.


This tree is in our neighborhood. The yellow ribbons are on on power lines.


A shot of some of the flooding down the road from us.


There is normally a road right here.


This was a very large billboard.

As we drove to Portland the carnage was unbelievable. I didn't stop to take any photos but will shoot a few on the way home. Since we are now some what tourists. We are going to look at a few city Christmas lights and have a nice meal.

More to come...

4 comments:

Sizzle said...

oh my gosh! you were really hit hard. i've had people emailing and calling me making sure i didn't drown but now i see what they are probably seeing on the news.

glad you are safe.

Iron Fist said...

Wow. I knew things on the coast were bad, but I didn't realize they were that bad.

I work for the power company, so if I hear that they've turned your lights back on I'll pass the word on.

Sheree Rensel said...

Thank goodness you and your family are safe and well! This looks very scary. Living here in Florida, I know how weather can be so amazing and powerful (pro/con). Stay safe!

eclectic said...

Eeeep! I've heard it was bad, but I didn't know it was that bad either!! Glad you're safe!!!

Life On The Line...

Chapter one I jumped into cooking on a bit of a whim. With little to no hesitation. After spending many years in the art business I was lo...