WHEN? But I digress....

Maybe I should not work with the public....
Safeway store checkout line, 11:30 pm

Checker:
Hello, Blah blah blah, something else, Blah....

ME:
Is it just me or are humans the dumbest animals on the planet? Never mind answering, no matter what you say I have to go with yes. We are stupid!

Why don't humans ever learn from our mistakes? With every generation we teach our kids to make the same mistakes we made. Over and over and over!

If it were not for one or two individuals every 100 years or so, most humans would have died off, or at least learned to be a little selective with their breeding habits.

In the wild, only the smartest, strongest, healthiest ever have off-spring. This ensures that the species as a whole will get stronger, smarter and live on. The weak, the dumb, the slow, become part of the food chain, as they should.

Humans no longer have to be selective when it comes to having children. Anyone and everyone can and usually does have children. I don't mean this to sound cruel, but people, stop! Think about what you are doing to the planet and the rest of us. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Haven't any of you thought that maybe you are swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool? We know how to prevent pregnancy now days. Sex is fine, have all you want, but wrap that rascal. For the love of God. When he said "Go forth and multiply..." There were only a few hundred people on the planet. I think we can give it a rest.

I know what you're thinking. I can hear you. "How dare you be so arrogant to tell people they shouldn't have children." "What if someone told you not to have kids?"

You're right, I myself have a child. "A" child as in one, only, no more. And I WAS selective about it. I waited until I was able to support a child. I have an education, I'm healthy, I am athletic. I selected a partner that also has these same qualities.

We have to think about the greater good of the planet and what we are leaving behind. Our actions influence everyone and everything. All of us! Have you never heard of; Habitat carrying capacity? Global warming? Deforestation? Famine?...

We over use, over waste. We are destroying the planet in the name of greed and power, oil and money.

Wouldn't you think that after several thousands of years of recorded history that we humans would have learned that none of the possessions we live, kill and die for mean jack shit! We continue to waste our potential on petty crap.

Think for just one minute about what this world could be like if we actually thought about our actions, and what those action will do. Humans are capable of such greatness, and we are pissing it away!

When are we going to say,"ENOUGH!" No more killing each other. No more letting our friends and neighbors starve while we live in grotesque excess. No more greed. No more over populating. No more senseless waste and destruction.

When are we going to start thinking about the greater good of the planet instead of our selfish, greedy, glutinous, narrow-minded selves? WHEN?

Checker:
I'm sorry, I said, Paper or Plastic?

ME:
Um..Paper...

2 comments:

mysterygirl! said...

Yeah, I worry about the fact that my friends and I seem to be the kind of people you'd want to procreate, yet none of us are, while other members of the species seem unstoppable. Then again, I'm a tremendous snob, thinking everyone should be more like me. :)

Mad William said...

Keep that thought mysterygirl!

Life On The Line...

Chapter one I jumped into cooking on a bit of a whim. With little to no hesitation. After spending many years in the art business I was lo...