Psychometric Impressionist

I was just IM-ing with my friend Feline when I found this;

"The creation of images which reflect, not the appearance of a particular object, but rather the situation's or location the object has been involved with in the past."

"To create such works it is necessary to spend a good deal of time sniffing, patting and rubbing against the object or person whose psychometric impression is to be conveyed, before beginning."


It is from "Why Cats paint". I came across it years ago, and I have to say, it is how this cat paints. I try to approach all of my work with this attitude. Sniffing, patting and rubbing against people is one of my favorite things. Provided it's the right people. Other wise it's just freaky.

No comments:

Life On The Line...

Chapter one I jumped into cooking on a bit of a whim. With little to no hesitation. After spending many years in the art business I was lo...