A Better Place...

For as long as I can remember, I have had the problem of taking things personally. Things that I know were not directed at me and really had nothing to do with me personally. They still drive me MAD. I can't help it. Because in the end these actions hurt everyone, even the bozos who do them.

Things like:

*Being cruel to animals, children or the elderly.
*People thinking that rules don't apply to them. Like when they're driving or cutting in line somewhere or littering...
*John Daly waisting $50 million on gambling...How selfish and stupid can people get? How many people could he have helped and changed their lives with that kind of money?
I have lost any respect I may have had for him.(in case you don't know, he is a pro golfer)

I could go on and on and on... but I wont, because it just makes me depressed. I try very hard everyday, to not let these things get to me.

Today I was going to post about how guns are a bad thing that the world should do away with.(One of my many issues) I read the news headlines this morning and was disgusted with humanity, so no. I am not going to go there today. I just can't.

Today is about things that make the world a better place.
This is also something I take personally.
This is going to be a regular thing for me, at least I hope. So here it is.

*****

In my life, art is huge, so this will be the things I share the most.
Some wise man said that, "Sharing is caring..." or maybe it was a beer commercial. Either way it rings true.

*****

Let the sharing begin.

Markus Pierson and Mackenzie Thorpe are two the most talented and thought provoking artists alive today. Their works are about love and dreams and taking chances to make our lives and the world a better place.

I am proud to know them personally as well as own a few of their works.
Here is one from each of them.



"High" by Markus Pierson

Two Coyotes we, up high as November comes upon us. The holidays soon after, then April, summer just around the corner, then the leaves change and here we are once again. Trouble lurks, my dear, our future uncertain, just as always, but right now we two share the sky, just high, so high.



"The Innocent" by Mackenzie Thorpe

And Finally, because you can't do anything to change the world if you don't' say anything. So for my three readers, Thank you for reading, and, here is a little bit more about me. (madwilliam.com)

I may never be as good as most of the artists I will talk about, or change the world they way they have, but I have to try.

No comments:

Life On The Line...

Chapter one I jumped into cooking on a bit of a whim. With little to no hesitation. After spending many years in the art business I was lo...