The Dragon Of Grindly Grun...

I'm the Dragon of Grindly Grun,
I breathe fire as hot as the sun.
When a knight comes to fight
I just toast him on sight,
Like a hot crispy cinnamon bun.

When I see a fair damsel go by,
I just sigh a fiery sigh,
And she's baked like a 'tater-
I think of her later
With a romantic tear in my eye.

I'm the Dragon of Grindly Grun,
But my lunches aren't very much fun,
For I like my damsels medium rare,
And they always come out well done.

by

Shel Silverstein


This is one of my all time favorite poems.

1 comment:

Heather Anne Hogan said...

Shel Silverstein is one of my all time favorite poets. This one is my favorite:

Would you like to hear
of the terrible night
when I bravely fought the--
no?
alright.

Life On The Line...

Chapter one I jumped into cooking on a bit of a whim. With little to no hesitation. After spending many years in the art business I was lo...