The Farewell Tour...


I am sad today. But also excited for someone else.
To every end there is a new beginning.
I read yesterday that after TequilaCon 07, Brandon is retiring.

One Child Left Behind
was one of the first blogs I started reading over a year ago. He was also one of the reasons I wanted to start this site. He gives something special to the world that wasn't there before.

With millions of blogs on line I have come across only a handful that I believe to be worthy of bandwidth. Most are lame excuses to swear and tease others or make fun of things they don't understand. Haters. No one needs more of that.

There are so few people in the world who give of themselves and add to the fabric of life. I am not always sure what Brandon is talking about and it doesn't matter. He is poetic, insightful, romantic, humorous...(I might have a man crush) He adds beauty to the world.

The selfishness in me is holding out that like others before him: The Rolling Stones, Michael Jordan, Brett Farve, that he will decide that he loves what he is doing too much to leave.

The rest of me will enjoy the time and words he gives, and look forward to meeting him in March at TequilaCon 07. Where ever your road takes you, enjoy the trip.

And, Thank you!

"THOUGH MANY HAD TRAVELED FURTHER AND DONE SO IN GREATER STYLE, IT BOTHERED ME NOT. MY JOURNEY WAS MY OWN, AND I FOUND IT TO BE QUITE SPECTACULAR"
-Markus Pierson

3 comments:

Dave2 said...

Eh... I'll believe it when I see it... there's always TequilaCon 2008! :-)

Brandon said...

ha! thanks for the shout! and i would reconsider, only i've already purchased the RV and the sunny plot in Arizona. as long as the social security system holds steadfast, my plan is fully in motion.

orange said...

well put. but also, I love that quote.

Life On The Line...

Chapter one I jumped into cooking on a bit of a whim. With little to no hesitation. After spending many years in the art business I was lo...