What's New in Art...




"The Joyous Leaping of Uncanned Salmon" by Dr Seuss.

One of my personal favorites.

This is from the Secret Art of Dr Seuss. A collection put together by his widow, Audrey Geisel. She will not sell any of the original works. They are all going to The University of San Diego in La Jolla California when she passes. She allows two or three of the works to be reproduced as limited editions every year. Ted Geisel painted for almost 70 years. He did not share these personal works with anyone other than the family and a few close friends. Hence, "Secret Art".




"The Watcher" by Frank Gonzales.
A young man from New York who is just getting started. I have known Frank for years and sell a lot of his works in my gallery. He also paints abstract, organic landscapes and very edgy, urban portraits.

2 comments:

Heather Anne Hogan said...

I had no idea Dr. Seuss had secret art. I love the Uncanned Salmon. I always learn so much on your blog.

Mad William said...

Why thank you Heather.
There is a great book called,"The Secret Art of Dr Seuss" put out by Random House. It has an intro by Audrey and Maurice Sendak. It is only a fraction of the collection but has some fantastic works that date to the early 20's.

Life On The Line...

Chapter one I jumped into cooking on a bit of a whim. With little to no hesitation. After spending many years in the art business I was lo...