02 December 2007

On The Easel...4

Thank you Eclectic and Ms. Glaze for your name suggestions. I like them both and will be using them soon. I ended up calling the last painting "Christine". I'm going to leave it for now but reserve the right to change it later.

I started this painting tonight. It's the same model as the last. This was the first sitting. About two hours worth of work. It's 18 x 24 inches.


There is something about it I'm not liking. I can't put my finger on it. She looks alright but...
I don't know what it is. Even though, I'm not ready to paint over her just yet. I will most likely work through another session with it before I decide.

Of course this all could simply be the fact that I am STILL not sleeping. This could possibly be the longest run of insomnia I've ever had. I may never sleep again.

3 comments:

beta-carotene said...

hmmm. I like it. but I agree... there is something that I can't put my finger on. At first I thought it was the shoulders, but the more I look at it I'm not really sure. keep us updated on this one...

gonzales said...

a good way to look for mistakes and and to get a fresh eye on things is to look at your painting through a mirror. set your painting up, turn around, hold up a small mirror or any mirror and.........viola! you'll be amazed my friend.
-Frank

eclectic said...

I think it's something to do with her left eye (on the right as you look at her), though I've no idea what to suggest.

Hope you sleep well and soon.