C'est la Vie!


It is friggin cold out here Mr. Bigglesworth!

That's right, it has snowed at the coast. This is not supposed to happen. So far everything we were told about this town has been wrong. I am beginning to think we have been misled in order to get us up here.
Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get me.

So, I'm still sitting in the middle of my cross roads, waiting to be run over. Why does it continue to surprise me when life doesn't go the way I wanted it to? It seldom does.
At least for me. I just have that kind of luck, or lack there of.
Don't get me wrong. This is a nice enough town. The people are friendly. It's beautiful here. I love my gallery!

It's just not where I had wanted to be at this point in my life. I wanted to be some place very different. Sometimes life just happens. Time lines change. So must mine.

I am starting a new group of paintings this week. I will put much more than an hour each into them.(note to self: never do Quick Draw again) Studio time will continue to be between 10pm and 2am. I will not give up time with Mr. Man, he means too much. My painting will always be for me and me alone. If I can sell them great, if not, c'est la vie!

My photos are being sorted in order to rebuild a portfolio. Many photo shoots will be needed to beef up a few soft spots. Mainly the portraits and some artistic figurative work(nudes). I am torn between doing the work by hand, i.e., silver gelatin prints or going with the much simpler digital prints. I am a huge fan of film and have an abnormal love of my camera. My digital camera is nice and has served me well but it lacks the tangible quality of film for me. Not having my darkroom, the decision has sort of been made for me.

The underground restaurant has gone done the tubes. No one here is willing to pay in advance. I am not willing to buy all the food and have them not show up. Having worked in restaurants before I know that a lot of people make reservations and go some where else. It looks like this idea will be put on the back burner for another city at another time.

Never a dull moment.

1 comment:

Brandon said...

I am hoping my new camera arrives today so that i might also put up some shots of the snow. not too common around these parts...

Life On The Line...

Chapter one I jumped into cooking on a bit of a whim. With little to no hesitation. After spending many years in the art business I was lo...