Some Days, Are More Difficult Than Others...


Wednesdays were the hardest days to get going. It's our Mondays. We all have Mondays and Tuesdays off. So Wednesday mornings Mr. Man doesn't want to go to school. He would rather stay with us at home. I would rather stay at home with he and Precious. I seem to be late almost every Wednesday.

Today, I just found out, all of our schedules got changed. We will no longer all have Mondays and Tuesdays off together. No more family days. I already miss spending more quality time with them and now it's getting cut back even more. Some things get less and less dreamy every day.

Sometimes we are forced into doing things we don't want to do. Maybe it was the way we were raised. It's not that those things are wrong or illegal or immoral, we were just brought up to think that you don't. But sometimes you do. So why feel bad about it? Why let it bother you? Just move on and get on with things. Right? Right!

I have realized this morning that my sense of "fair" and "just", are out of balance with the rest of the world. There is very little "fair" and things are rarely "just". At least by my definitions. Why do so many of us hold on to these beliefs as if they should be the norm? They are definitely not the norm. I'm not even sure those words should be used in the English language.

The same goes for "good intentions". There is a reason that the road to Hell is paved with them.

Maybe we just need new definitions, because the old ones seem to be misleading and overly optimistic. Naive even. Or maybe it's just me.

3 comments:

kat said...

that picture is breaking my heart.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry it's tough now. *hugs*

Christine said...

without ANY optimism and naivete, how would I get up in the morning? I'm keepin' it.

Life On The Line...

Chapter one I jumped into cooking on a bit of a whim. With little to no hesitation. After spending many years in the art business I was lo...