Don't pull that...


It was just a tiny little thread. One could hardly notice it.
Sure my mother always told me,"Don't pull that! It will make a big hole and then it's too late."

But if I pull it and break it off, it wont get caught on something and rip a hole. And besides, how can one tiny thread make a big hole?

It's just one tiny thread.

I noticed it a couple of weeks ago. Just hanging there. No big deal. I only saw it by accident. I got distracted and forgot. A couple days latter I saw it again. I messed with it for awhile and thought about what my mother told me.

"Don't Pull it..."

I pulled it. Just a little to see if I could get enough of a grip to break it off.

I could not.

After a few day it was like a giant neon sign.

PULL ME!


Leave it, I told myself. You are only going to make it worse.

I knew if I could get a grip on it I could break it off and be done with it. So...

I pulled just a little more.

Yesterday, Precious came home and only had to see me for a second.

"What have you been doing?" She asked, as if she already knew the answer. And she did.

Wishing I wasn't so stubborn. I replied. And stop laughing at me! It's not that funny
I mean it.

Besides, it's not that big of a hole.

*****

This was all metaphorical. No clothing was harmed in the making of this story. However several paintings, two checking accounts, a term paper and many many photos will need some serious re-working.

1 comment:

egan said...

I know exactly what you mean by this fictional story. My mom owned a yarn store so I'm quite familiar with these metaphors.

Life On The Line...

Chapter one I jumped into cooking on a bit of a whim. With little to no hesitation. After spending many years in the art business I was lo...