On The Verge...

...of a serious breakdown.

I want to rant on and on about the joke that is our world of fine art. But I wont.
I want to go on and on about how much I am disliking our situation. But I wont.
I want to go on and on about what I want the art world to be and what I want from it in return. But I wont.

Instead, I'm painting. I'm not writing. I don't how express my feelings and moods in words.

The seascape series is getting great feedback. I'm liking the direction they're taking. They seem to be getting better and better. With each one they become a bit more complex. More moody and emotional. Lately a little bit darker.


I'm tired of seeing artists and publishers demand more and more, while offering less and less.
Quality goes down while prices go up.

It's time to give more...

2 comments:

Sizzle said...

they are getting darker. they are beautiful.

keep fighting the good fight.

Sheree Rensel said...

William,
I understand completely. I am frustrated too. I just don’t know where to turn. Mediocrity reigns. If you think about this, it makes sense. We are living in a disposable society. Quality is not required. Even on my “day job”, I am amazed by how there is no concern for those who are efficient or do their best. In fact, the norm seems to be having a “pulse” is the only requirement. People walk around in a daze, do a crappy job, and don't care about that for which caring is important. They have no interest in higher order thinking. We live in a “DUH” world right now. This is unfortunate. Big time.
Sheree Rensel
http://www.wizzlewolf.com/anger.html

Life On The Line...

Chapter one I jumped into cooking on a bit of a whim. With little to no hesitation. After spending many years in the art business I was lo...