Snowing And 38...

Funny, I always thought Hell would be warmer. Alright, it's not exactly Hell. It's just been too much. We returned from So Cal to cold, rain and snow. The last two winters here have been harsh, and this winter just wont give in and go away.

A job for Precious has been secured in La Jolla. Now we need to find a place to call home. Trying to find a place from long distance is difficult. I really dislike the idea of renting something without seeing it in person. We may have no choice though.

I have been trying to find space for a gallery also. There were only a few available in La Jolla. They go for about $7 to $48 per square foot. None of them were quite what I wanted. $48 per foot is outrageous! We need about 1000 square feet. For a space that size we would have to do about $100,000 a month just to cover the costs.

The stress of all of this is getting to me. Nothing has come out of the studio in about a month. Nothing. I can't focus. I have started this post about a dozen times now. I can't stop pacing. My anxiety wont let me sit still. Even now I have been up several times to wander around the house.

Maybe we should build a snowman.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you articulated that so well, I don't have anything constructive to say, except that I hope this all gets sorted out just the way you want it and need it to be :o)

Sizzle said...

Moving is very stressful! I hope you did go build a snowman...Guess it's like that lemons/lemonade saying. When Spring gives you snow, make a snowman.

Heather Dugan Creative / Footsteps said...

Transitions are never easy. There is some extensive energy, muscle and perspiration involved. But boy, is it wonderful to sit on the moving boxes, look around yourselves and realize you are finally there...

-Hoping I get back to La Jolla in the next few years to visit the spectacular gallery you and Precious will soon create...

Christine said...

I think if it were snowing at 38, in April, here, I would be sucking a gun.

Kudos to you for being able to handle it, AND moving. But La Jolla sounds nice--good luck w/the gallery and house hunt!

Life On The Line...

Chapter one I jumped into cooking on a bit of a whim. With little to no hesitation. After spending many years in the art business I was lo...