Liquid Dramamine...

How early, is too early, to start drinking?

Really, that early?

What if, you're in an airport? What if the check-in line were five, switch backs long? What if the ten people in line, in front of you, had never been to an airport before? And had no clue about how to check in, or where to go, or what they could carry on, or what planet they were from! What if the TSA were particularly slow that day? What if you gave a heavy sigh a little too close to one of the said TSA agents? What if they had nothing better to do than try and be jerks? What if you got pulled aside for additional screening? What if they made you drop your pants and do jumping jacks? What if your flight is late?

Ok, so the lines were long, the TSA was slow and the flight was late. The rest of that stuff could have happened. Really. I've seen it.

The point is, that I'm still in an airport. I have been awake for almost six hours already and there are two hours before my flight. It is 11am after all.

This is, your automated, captain, speaking. Would, you, like another, mimosa?


Yes. Please!

8 comments:

kat said...

they didn't invent irish coffees and bloody marys for nothing you know.

delmer said...

I was at the airport around 7:30 a.m., I think (I'll have to check the blog). I hadn't had breakfast so I had some Asian Chicken at the little place next to the Sbarro.

I figured since I was eating dinner food for breakfast that I could have a beer -- without thinking I ordered the 32-ouncer (I figured it would be a better bargain) not realizing it was a quart until the mug was under the tap.

I paid for it at 7:59 a.m. (per my receipt).

The point being: It is never too early to drink at the airport.

Anonymous said...

Okay, the pubs over here open at 11am, anytime after 11 is absolutely acceptable!
Urgh for crappy stupid twats who should not be allowed to fly...EVER!
Just remember, *somewhere* it's wine o'clock ;o)

Sizzle said...

I think you can have a bloody mary or a mimosa at that hour. Lunch you can have beers and such. But hell, who is gonna know? Drink up!

Anonymous said...

It's never too early to start drinking. Alcohol cures almost everything ;)

Sheree Rensel said...

LOL LOL! Well, I see your sense of humor is still intact! Hey, there are days when I awake and out of sheer bordom, I have a beer (in the morning!) Now, this is not a good thing if you make it a habit. However, I figure, what the HEY! If I am not going anywhere or seeing anybody, who cares if I get a bit blasted? Besides, remember it is always after NOON somewhere in the world, right?
Sheree

Anonymous said...

I've always been under the impression that airport bars never close because travelers perpetually need the sweet pain-relieving liquor to ease the pain.

Shots work best. And quickest. I've heard.

eclectic said...

Oh vodka, you are the sweet elixir of airline travel. Too bad they don't yet sell it in IV form.

Life On The Line...

Chapter one I jumped into cooking on a bit of a whim. With little to no hesitation. After spending many years in the art business I was lo...