A Smile Reserved For Her...

There are days when things are discombobulated. The mind has removed itself from the full body network, in order to wander semi-aimlessly. The body automatically turns on auto pilot. You do the things that need to be done. Without thinking about it.

Makes me wonder what may have actually been said to the people he came in contact with. I know the mouth was talking and the body was doing things. The mind, was in another hemisphere, checking in on reality only when absolutely necessary...

They're spending their first day together. Meeting at a small tea house. Sitting to watch the rain fall but never taking their eyes from the other. There is no memory of the conversation. Most likely small talk. Love was in the air. Little electric discharges could be seen each time they touched. The sun shown on them alone. Birds followed with song.

Puddles were jumped in. Hands were held and lips were kissed. Poems read by candle light and incense. A vase of flowers spilled down the back of the TV. Cowboy boots worn inappropriately. Mongolian BBQ, ravenous and disheveled. Blissfully unaware.

Each time the story changes just a bit, but stays the same. Two people so lost in one another, the rest of the world becomes a blur of motion and muted sounds.

I've heard the story so many times, each time as if it's new. A smile crosses his face. A smile unlike any other. It's reserved for her. His eyes glaze over and he's gone again. Back to her and one of his favorite days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As usual, you've captured something here that the rest of us think but don't put into words...thanks for reminding me of my own moments by sharing yours.

Pumpkin said...

Very moving. You should think about writing a love story! I am not kidding.

Anonymous said...

*sigh*
Simply lovely :o)

Banba said...

Wow! I love your writing style. thanks for stopping by my blog. I'n in the NW too in Portland, in town. Do you have any paintings here in galleries or do you ever do Saturday Market? I'm currently selling my faeries as cards. My sister in CA got ahold of one and has been marketing me since! What a sweetie. Cheers!

Life On The Line...

Chapter one I jumped into cooking on a bit of a whim. With little to no hesitation. After spending many years in the art business I was lo...