A Few Things I'll Never Forget...

Do you remember the first time we met? It's as clear as this morning to me. Those few seconds changed the way I look at life.

The first time we were out together, we were not really together then. You flashed me and I missed it. You blushed. On the dock, we stood close, to block the wind. But not too close. Do you remember what you asked me? Would it affect our friendship if we kissed? It still makes me smile. My reaction surprised me. I had wanted to hear it, but it caught me off guard. We walked back to my car in silence, although I did put my arm around you. I fell in love with you that night.

Do you remember our second kiss? You asked if I would put my hand on the side your face, like I did the first time we kissed. I smiled. We kissed. My hand gently upon your face.

I was so pleased when you joined me in California. The first time. Do you remember our first day in the apartment? The sun was beaming through the kitchen window. It warmed our skin. I got rug burns.

Do you remember when I went away? The first time? It felt like a life time. A life time ago. All the things I put you through. The second time I went away, you asked me to. I was sad, but you were right. Do you remember when you came to visit me? My apartment downtown. You used the shower. You wore a towel and we drank wine. I said you couldn't spend the night. You were sad, but I was right.

We were apart when you asked me to go away with you. Do you remember what you said? You had a trip for two. Acapulco. We traveled well together after all. All I had to do was make love to you at least once a day, everyday we were there. I remember, that we did.

Since then, I've seen the world. Thanks to you.

Do you remember Benihana's? It wasn't what I had in mind. I never could keep a secret. I just had ask. I was so excited. A proposal over sushi. As long as I agreed to 83 years.

Do you remember the day the stick turned blue? I made you do it again. So much for very unlikely. Our time has never been dull.

It seems as though we've been apart for ages. Not even a fortnight yet. A lifetime. I've never enjoyed being away from you. From that first day, to this one. I'm at my best, by your side.

14 comments:

kat said...

oh my, this is lovely.

Anonymous said...

Oh dammit you made me cry!
Not long to go til you visit them...it's going to be okay :o)

Mad William said...

kat,
Thanks much.

penelope,
11 more days. I should be alright.

no crying. it's contagious.

eclectic said...

Your final sentence is perhaps the most romantic, most wonderful, most perfect thing ever spoken, erm, written, I mean.

Mad William said...

eclectic,
you're making me blush.

Anonymous said...

I think I just swooned a little. Maybe one day I'll find someone who writes something like this about me too :).

Sizzle said...

What a beautiful love letter (of sorts). It's hard to be away but I suppose it helps you see clearly what matters, right?

How wonderful to have that kind of love.

Nat said...

Beautiful!

Iron Fist said...

Duuuuuuude....


This is really great. I'm all misty eyed now.

Mad William said...

Hilly,
Careful, I do that to women. Having met you, I have no doubt you have someone writing you swoony letter too.

Sizzle,
I don't know if it's helping me see clearly or making me mental. It's cool either way.

Nat,
Thank you.

Fist,
You're such a romantic.

Heather Anne Hogan said...

Well, this is just beautiful.

Mad William said...

Heather,
Thank you very much.

Sheree Rensel said...

William,
I have been single 99% of my life. That 1% was a blip on the "LOVE" radar screen. I don't think I have ever been in TRUE LOVE. I don't think anyone has really loved me either.
It is so nice and wonderful to know that can actually happen for some people.
You wrote on my blog "At least you know you are an artist!" Well now I write "At least you know you have LOVE in your life."
Stay Strong!
Sheree

Mad William said...

Sheree,
You're very right. The older I get, the more I realize how lucky I am.

Life On The Line...

Chapter one I jumped into cooking on a bit of a whim. With little to no hesitation. After spending many years in the art business I was lo...