Happy Day...It's Dry...

We woke today to find mostly blue sky. No rain, no snow, no hail. Mr. Man and I went for a long ride in the morning. Hit golf balls in the back yard and chased the dog around the neighborhood about a hundred times. By the time we came inside the child and dog were both exhausted. It took them no time be asleep for the afternoon nappy. This left me with several hours to myself.

To the studio!



This is "Chadette No. 46" 8 x 10 inches, oil on canvas board.

This is the finished version of "Chadette No 45". I have named her, "Victoria".
I was able to finish two of my "Daisy" paintings. This one is 8 x 24 inches, oil on canvas.

This is the second of the "Daisies", 10 x 30 inches, oil on canvas.
I have been working on the two of these Daisies for about a week off and on. The red I used in the background took forever to dry. I had a fan and heat lamp on it for the last three days. It will be a few more days before I can glaze either of them.

This is still a work in progress. About an hour so far. 11 x 14 inches. I put down the drawing and the first layer of color. She will take a lot of time. I want her to be much more realistic than I normally paint. We'll see how she goes.

5 comments:

eclectic said...

People gifted in visual arts amaze me. Art in Music? I get it. Language? Check. But translating that experience into a tangible 2-D picture or 3-D sculpture? I'm mystified. And awed.

I'm probably also odd, but that's just the English language being funny.

Mad William said...

I have always wished I was musical. I can't carry a tune in bag. I like to write but my skills are weak.

Anonymous said...

Amazing work, William! I especially love Chadette #45, but then, orange is my favorite color. :)

Looking forward to meeting you this weekend!

Sarah said...

Hi William. I ran across your site via Heather Anne a while back. I really love Chadette #45 and the second of the daisies...wow. Not sure what else to say.

I am Sarah Grace
Becoming Ourselves

Mad William said...

Jenny,
Thank you very much. My schedule has become a mess this week, might not actually make it to Portland. Trying to free up some time to be there.

Sarah,
Welcome. Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to checking out your site.

Life On The Line...

Chapter one I jumped into cooking on a bit of a whim. With little to no hesitation. After spending many years in the art business I was lo...